Polish up that resume!
Are you an aspiring writer, trying to break into the market? This could be your big chance! GES Publishing and GES Book Publishing is hosting the Window of Opportunity novel award. Look for future announcements. The contest will open up when our publishing schedule is filled. For now, feel free to submit through our manuscript submission page by clicking here.
One novel will be selected to receive a publishing contract. The contract will include:
- Book Cover Design
- Professional Editing
- 2 Year Publishing Contract
- Paperback edition
- eBook edition
Contest dates will be announced. Entry requires a $20 reading fee. *Note* the fee amount has been corrected.
The Window of Opportunity contest will give authors the chance to have their work viewed by experienced judges with the opportunity to be published. Three finalists will be announced and one will be awarded a 2 year publishing contract.
Please review the contest rules and Guidelines.
Entries can only be entered online. No mailed copies or checks.
Reading fees must be received via Paypal before the entry is entered.
A confirmation email will be sent once the manuscript is confirmed to meet our guidelines, and the fee has been received.
Multiple entries are allowed. Each entry must be registered separately with an additional $20 reading fee.
- Author must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Manuscripts must be a minimum of 60,000 words.
- All Entries must be received by March 31, 2011.
- No entry will be accepted until the contest fee has been paid.
- All files must be uploaded in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format.
- Entries must follow the GES Publishing Manuscript Guidelines.
- Entries must be made via the online form below.
- When submitting, the author must check to agree with the terms and rules of this contest. Failure to agree will cause the entry to be rejected.
- Entry fees are non-refundable unless an entry is rejected. Once accepted, an author can withdraw from the contest, but the reading fee cannot be refunded.
- If an author withdraws or the manuscript is disqualified, the next place winner will be awarded the contract.
Failure to fully adhere to the entry guidelines will adversely affect the score of the entry.
Upload must be one file and contain a cover page, synopsis of 500 words or less, and full manuscript.
Manuscripts entries must use the following formats:
- Cover Page
- Synopsis of 500 words or less.
- The cover page should include the following:
- Author’s name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Title of the manuscript
- Word Count
- Genre / Category
- 12 point Times New Roman font
- Manuscript lines must double-spaced
- Margins must be 1 inch on both sides, top and bottom. Footer margin should be .5 inches.
- The manuscript should have a header containing the following:
- Page number
- Title of the Book (Must match the title on the cover page)
- Category of the Entry
- The author’s name cannot be in the header, footer, or anywhere on the main body of the entry.
For clarification on the contest, visit the contacts page at http://www.gespublishing.com/contact/. You only need to fill out the required fields of the contact form.
Winners will be announced May 31, 2011.
Please review the submission guidelines before submitting.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form